Thursday, February 12, 2009

Inspector Gadget

We had the last of our inspections today for becoming licensed foster care parents. Coupled with the home study this week, getting some other forms in place, cleaning, and being a bit nervous about the inspectors coming to look around, I am beat. Once the health inspector left today, I just felt zapped of all energy. Tomorrow, we are fingerprinted. The "man" will know who we are now. :-P (I'm such a libertarian at heart!!) And that is the LAST step. So hopefully by Friday at 9 a.m. we will have completed all the necessary forms, inspections, medical check ups, home study, and giving the state of NH every detail of our lives - such as - what is your favorite feeling? Yep, NH knows my favorite feeling now. Its worth it though.

Anyway, I am excited. Another good thing, is our house has been extremely clean all week and is almost organized. Though, somehow I lost Lo's medical forms. I have searched high and low.....thankfully her vet faxed them through to the Health and Saftey guy ASAP.

We are praying for the future child(ren) that will come live in the Clegg household. We hope they come soon:)

5 comments:

Jamison Family said...

That's great! I can't wait to hear about the children who are blessed by your family!

Lacey said...

What is your favorite feeling? (And what difference does it make as far as providing a safe home for foster kids?? - how bureaucratic!) I was always amazed that the system had our water tested and we had to be free of TB.......we were welcoming kids whose very lives were in danger from parental drug abuse and neglect, but let's hope our water was tasty!

Brent and Abigail said...

thats so exciting. those kids will be so blessed by you and rich. after all this how much longer will it be before you get any kids?

Summer said...

yay!! so happy for you!!!

The Via Colony said...

Wow, that's GREAT. Just one more painless step=) Do you have a child already to come in with your family or does that happen afterwards? I'm afraid I don't know much about the Foster care process at all...